sábado, 6 de junho de 2009

Entrevista: Technikart Magazine

Robert Pattinson: "Everything happens so fast”

Technikart Team was in charge of the daily report "SuperCannes" during the whole Festival. She came across Robert Pattinson, the teenagers’ idol. This is a record of a Live interview.

Technikart : What happened yesterday Rob? We were told about a riot in the whereabouts of Carlton…
Robert Pattinson: Oh yes, there was one indeed (laughs but upset). I was having my lunch when about 700 people stuck in front of the restaurant’s entrance near the beach. It was kind of funny… I was carried by 3 bodyguards up to the car which was parked in front of. I was literally carried, I didn’t touch the ground. This is so weird.

Technikart: This is your life since about a year now ?
Robert Pattinson : Everything got more intense 6 months ago. It’ s difficult to handle it out, it’s too fast. I don’t have the necessary distance, not enough to be able to find a parade to all this mess.

Technikart : George Clooney has a trick to escape fans: he takes Brad Pitt with him.
Robert Pattinson : Oh yeah, I guess it must be efficient but you have to be friends with Brad Pitt…

Technikart: Is it not the case ?
Robert Pattinson: I don’t know him. But the thing with celebrity, you can’t fight it, it’s useless, you can’t run away . When it was something you were not looking forward all your life, something you have never dreamed of, you can freely not give a damn about it. They can shout my name, if they want to, but I can ignore it. I didn’t sign a contract with Disney, no clause compels me to smile to photographs.

Technikart: How are you feeling about shooting a film knowing the next one, and also the next one and the next one are already on the draft? How long are you still stuck into "Twilight"?
Robert Pattinson: In fact, it’s pretty cool, because my character can’t get old! To me, it’s the key of this adventure. I’m not in the same situation as the Harry Potter characters , who spent 10 years of their lives in these movies. There’s nothing more frightening than signing up a contract for several movies, but, in fact, in September I will have wrapped 3 of the 4 Twilight series. Only in a year. New Moon will be released in November, Eclipse next summer and Breaking Dawn at Xmas 2010. Soon I will be freed from my contract.

Technikart: How is it in Cannes, Rob? Do you have fun?
Robert Pattinson: So so… I would like to do some things. I am not doing anything. I hate being photographed. But I like the hotel…

Technikart: Which hotel is it?
Robert Pattinson: L’hôtel du Cap. It’s like a job. I have business lunches. I leave restaurants on board speed boats, I feel like James Bond, this is cool. However, I will have time to attend Tarantino’s movie. But I guess the climbing of the red carpet will ruin everything. I already hate it. (he pretends he is in front of a crowd of imaginary photographs) "Yeah , all your fucking photos will be on the headline tomorrow!"


By Benjamin Rozovas


[ Technikart Magazine ]

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário