sexta-feira, 1 de maio de 2009

Entrevista: EP3

Before half humanity offered their veins to him, Robert Pattinson frolicked in Lorca’s arms. It’ not a gay fantasy, but Little Ashes , the film where the bloodsucker of Twilight personifies a young Dalí. We checked how much fame has changed him.

The mustache is not deceiving: behind this personification of young Dalí, hides one of the most coveted specimens of nowadays' film industry. A year before personifying the romantic vampire of Twilight, Robert Pattinson, 22, was devoted to the Mediterranean lifestyle in Barcelona. The excuse, the filming of Little Ashes, a recreation of the impossible love lived between the painter and Federico Garcia Lorca which shows us, for example, frolicking butt naked next to his friend and lover underneath the moonlight in the waters of Cadaqués. We caught him just getting off the plane in Vancouver to film New Moon, the second part of the saga conceived by Stephanie Meyer.

EP3. What attracted you about Little Ashes?
Robert Pattinson. - That it’s an exceptional tragedy. I doubt that I can ever reach such level of tragedy in my carrier (laughs). I didn’t have any idea of who Dalí, Lorca and Buñuel were until this movie. And the more I found out about them, the more obsessed I became. Specially, with Dalí’s literary compositions. Many people don’t know this, but he was an incredible writer. I found that I had many things in common with him.

EP3. - For example?
R.P. – He had an enormous self-consciousness about him and how people perceived him. And he worked to manipulate this. It’s something I did throughout my childhood and teenage years.

EP3. - Dalí came out to be a vampire also. What have the casting directors seen in you to brand you like this.
R.P.- It’s weird. During a rehearsal of this movie, Marina Gatell (who interprets Magdalena, Lorca’s inseparable friend) told me: “You Know? You are a vampire”. It was so bizarre. And now that I remember it, it’s even more bizarre (laughs).

EP3. - And what do you think now about your first sex scenes in a movie being with another guy?
R.P.-
The worst part is that they’re not romantic at all, they're really traumatic experiences. More than excitement, you feel sorry for both (laughs). It was all so uncomfortable, not only because the first one we did, Javier (Beltrán, who interprets Lorca) and I had just met the day before. but because we filmed with zero intimacy, surrounded by technicians speaking Spanish, a language I didn’t understand, and they were giggling at our expense.

EP3. - Who’s a better kisser, Javier or Kirsten (Stewart, his beloved in Twilight)?
R.P.- Definitively, Javier (laughs).

EP3. - You have said that because of the success of Twilight, it turns out to be difficult for you to carry a normal life. What do you do on your free time?
R.P.- Somehow, work has become my best refuge. Even though it may sound ridiculous, as soon as I get some free time, I start reading scripts. I feel somewhat frustrated for not going to college, so I try desperately to self educate. I have brought like 100 books with me to Vancouver, they’re all scattered all over the hotel room.

EP3.- I have a feeling that it will be very hard for you to disassociate from “Edward The Vampire”. What would be the perfect role that would help you do this?
R.P.- Hey, if you hear of one, let me know (laughs). Anything that has nothing to do with blood, I hope.

EP3. - I have read that a masochistic narcissism drives you to read everything that’s published about you. How often do you google your name?
R.P.- Oh, you’ve seen that on my interview with April’s GQ, right? Dude, I was joking. It sounded like I was a total loser and it made me laugh just saying it, so I did.

EP3. - You should know by now that everything you say is news.
R.P.- Right, but it is so weird to me. And it can be very annoying, because I spend the day apologizing for all this rubbish that I say without even thinking. I have hopes that if I keep contradicting myself all the time, nothing I say will become news anymore (laughs). I’m a blabbermouth, I know…

EP3. - Is there something in particular that you’ve read about yourself that has bothered you?
R.P.- Ehem (clearing his throat) … A couple of days ago, my mom sent me an email, she was very worried, it seems, I’ve been hit in the face with some pole, while shooting New Moon and I was unconscious…. And I haven’t (at the moment of this interview) even rehearsed for any scene yet; I haven’t even set foot in the set!

EP3. - Well the last thing I’ve heard about you was that someone on the set said that you stink, that you smell bad.
R.P.- Yeah, I’ve read it too! Funny thing is that this kind of rumors always comes from “anonymous sources”. But I just arrived in Vancouver! I must smell horrible, 'cause the set is 25 Kilometers from the hotel and I haven’t even been outside the room.

EP3. - You have also said that you would rather pass on having a girlfriend on an atmosphere with a reputation of being so polluted. Have you found anyone that has made you change your mind?
R.P.- Oh, no (laughs). I remember when I was shooting Harry Potter & The Globet of Fire, where I hardly have a small part, that everybody was talking about my then girlfriend. It is so stressing for them. You have to become so reserved about it.

EP3. - You really lived a persecution with Camilla Belle (10,000 B.C.) ….
R.P.- Yeah, but it was different with her. She was only a friend. It was funny for us. The thing is: if she’s not your girlfriend, it doesn’t matter; but if she is, it all turns into a nightmare, everyone wants to know what you’re doing.

EP3. - Have you had a stalker?
R.P.- You won’t believe this, but the last time I felt stalked, was when I was shooting Little Ashes, in Barcelona. A girl would wait for me at my doorstep everyday. The truth is that she was really nice, completely normal, but it all sounds very weird… I don’t know whatever happened to her. Or maybe I was just nuts and she only existed in my head. (laughs)

EP3. - Let’s say you’ve got 8 weeks of vacation starting today, what would you do?
R.P.- I want to travel! That’s why I always look for work in different countries. I think next year I would like to work in Paris for three months.

EP3. - For what Project?
R.P.- Ahhh, we’ll see if I’m going to be a blabbermouth again... It’s a Bel-Ami adaptation, from Guy de Maupassant. Now that I’ve told you, I can go around telling everybody. Besides, I’m sick of people saying “You can only make those Twilight films, you’re nothing more than a fleeting star”. I refuse to accept that! (laughs).

EP3. - Maybe that way you’ll earn to be seated second row at the Oscars, like this year….
R.P.- Oh, man, how embarrassing. I’ve never felt so unworthy of anything in my life. What was I doing there, when I had only made one movie, which would never be nominated in the Academy Awards?

[ In Spanish ]

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário