quinta-feira, 29 de janeiro de 2009

Mexican Issue of OK Magazine

How do you feel when little girls get very excited to you, as if you were a rockstar?
To be honest, I take it as something that has nothing to do with me. They are excited for my character Edward, which is the representation of the perfect guy.

Has fame agreed with you?
It’s a phenomenon that doesn’t seem to end, and my brain hasn’t finished processing it. Everytime I see the fans it tuns into something quite bizarre. In Mexico, Italy and now in the United States where I’ve been promoting the movie. People have reacted with screams and I’m just getting used to the idea.

Any weird fan anecdotes?
There was a group of girls that left little notes in my car, outside of my apartment. One of the first notes said: I’m not weird, but please call me. The next day the note said: Please don’t ignore me. And the next day it said I’m going to kill myself if you keep ignoring me! (but I’m not weird, ok?).

How did you prepare for the role of Edward?
I based my performance on James Dean’s Rebel Without a Cause because I thought it would be fun to have that style for a vampire. I changed my entire body language a bit , I ran a lot, I practiced boxing for two hours a day for two months and I can honestly say I had never been so fit. Oddly enough, I’ve never been good in sports.

How was your relationship with Kristen Stewart?
Kristen in amazing, and your first impulse is to ask her for her phone number. But then I forced myself to remember that 90% of what you do on screen is acting and make things up. I enjoyed the process of creating these characters with her. We would spend all night talking about our scenes and the next day we would defend out points of view. That creative energy made us have a very special bond.

What can you say to parents who see the movie poster in which you’re seducing a young girl?
They should keep in mind that vampires can’t have sex. That theme is very important for parents, because in the books there’s an underlying message of abstinence and how important it is. I also think that the character of Bella in kind of a role model because she’s sensitive and passionate. To be honest, the content in Twilight is pretty harmless.

What were you like as a teenager?
I loved to go to the movies. I saw tons of movies. I used to write a lot too. I considered myself a writer.

Is it true you hate to change clothes?
Yes, I rarely do it. For this interview I wore this clean pair of jeans, but there have been moments were I can’t even stand my own smell.

Is this a tradition of yours or something?
I just have very few clothes that I like. And I’m always traveling, so I have no time to wash it. It’s pathetic, why am I telling you this?

How can you manage to make your hair stand up like that?
I have it like this since I rolled out of bed. It’s just grease. I just don’t wash it, ever.

Did you go through some sort of trauma while showering when you were a kid?
My dad loved to brush my hair and I hated that. It’s funny how part of my personality has a lot to do with my hair.

Describe your bedroom.
My bedroom in my parents house hasn’t changed much since I was 10. But the room where I sleep right now is very disgusting. Possible not very sanitary. It’s like a bum lives in there. It’s like an animal’s cage.

What to do you do on your time off?
I watch movies, I read, I play all kinds of music. Honestly, I?m not that very interesting.

What’s your type of girl?
I don’t know, my tastes change all the time. I used to love crazy girls who were hard to get. But not anymore. Right now I don’t have a special type.

Are you dating anyone?
No, I’m promoting the movie right now.

Leonardo DiCaprio said he was glad you came along, because now you’ll take his place as the actor adored by teens.
Wow! That’s really cool. I didn’t know that. He’s had the best career among all the other young actors. I would love to have that kind of career.

In real life, would you stay with a girl to protect her?
If anyone needs me to protect her, I will. But unlike my character, I’m not overprotective at all.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário